|Company Name:||Chippewa Nature Center
|Address 1:||400 S Badour Rd
|Position Title:||Nature Preschool Teacher
|Number of Openings:||1
|Position Type Other Description:||Education
|Duties:||Come awaken your natural sense of wonder at Nature Preschool! Join us as we jump in puddles, make mud pies and study every part of a frog’s life cycle through real-life hands-on experiences.
Chippewa Nature Center is in search of teachers with a passion for nurturing learning and investigation in 3- and 4-year old children. Nature Preschool is a five star, play-based program which uses research-based curriculum practices to implement developmentally appropriate early childhood education with nature at its core. Nature Preschoolers and staff experience the ecosystems at Chippewa Nature Center through engaging lessons and enriching exploration. Our teaching teams are highly trained and well supported with three full-time teachers in each classroom.
Objective: To work within a teaching team to provide a premier early childhood environment which meets the developmental needs of the whole child, while initiating them into a lifelong, meaningful relationship with the natural world.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the health, safety and welfare of all children in the group
2. Teach and develop curriculum of Nature Preschool in conjunction with other members of the teaching team
3. Communicate with parents both formally and informally, individually and in groups
4. Assure that classroom operates within the guidelines and standards of the Michigan Department of Human Services, Office of Children and Adult Licensing and the Michigan Department of Education’s Great Start Readiness Program
5. Overall planning for equipment and supply needs in conjunction with teaching team and other program staff
6. Conduct regular assessment of children
7. Conduct home visits and parent teacher conferences
8. Contribute to the development, implementation and review of Nature Preschool policies, procedures and activities in conjunction with the Nature Preschool Director, as appropriate
9. Other duties as assigned
1. Associates Degree or higher
2. Teaching experience
3. Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practice and the ability to implement that knowledge
4. Must have the creativity, flexibility and understanding necessary for working with children, parents and co-workers
5. Effective verbal and written communication skills
6. Computer literacy including working knowledge of Windows platform and Microsoft Office software package
7. Ability to meet the physical demands of the position (i.e., daily outdoor hiking, lift 50 pounds)
8. Currently hold certification in child and adult CPR and basic first aid or willingness to become certified
1. One to five years teaching experience
2. Experience in nature-based and/or play-based early childhood education.
3. Valid Michigan teaching certificate with an Early Childhood Education (ZA) or Early Childhood-General and Special Education (ZS) endorsement; or Bachelor Degree in Child Development or Early Childhood Education with a specialization (major not minor) in preschool teaching; or CDA credential
|Wage or Salary:||22000
|Approximate Work Hours or Days:||40
|How to apply:||Application procedure: Send resume and cover letter to Jenn Kirts, Director of Programs at email@example.com or Jenn Kirts, Chippewa Nature Center, 400 S Badour Rd, Midland, MI 48640. For additional information, please contact Madison Powell at 989-631-0830 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Posting End Date:||8/4/20